Installing & Running Node.js: Windows
- Visit nodejs.org and download the LTS version of Node.js for Windows by clicking the “Windows Installer” option.
- Run the downloaded Node.js
.msiInstaller - accept the license and select the folder to install.
- This step requires Administrator privileges, and you may need to authenticate
- To ensure Node.js has been installed, run
node -vin your terminal - you should get something like
- Update your version of npm with
npm install npm --global
- This step also requires Administrator privileges so you may need to authenticate